Kosta Novakoviq, Konteineri Nr. 3, Zyra nr. 214, Prishtinë
The Kosovo Doctors Chamber was established in 2013.
Membership is obligatory for all physicians in Kosovo and up to date, there are 3500 physicians already registered as members.
Public competencies/activities of the Chamber
- Approval of the code of professional ethics (code of ethics);
- Registration and maintenance of the registry of doctors and all healthcare institutions;
- Issuance of licenses to healthcare professionals, re-licensing and revocation of licenses;
- Implementation of professional supervision through the engagement of experts of corresponding fields;
- Monitoring of the legal functioning of institutions under Articles 35, 36, 37 and 38 of the Law on Health.
- Cooperation with state authorities addressing the issues of healthcare and cooperation with other professional associations in the country and abroad;
- Supervision of the professional healthcare and legal performance of healthcare professionals.
- Planning and implementation of the continuous professional education;
- Intermediation in disputes between members of the Chambers and users of healthcare services;
- Organization of courts of honor regarding determination of the violations and professional obligations of members of the Chamber, and imposition of disciplinary measures;
- Determination of the membership fee for the members of the Chamber;
- Determination of the fee for licensing, re-licensing and other permits for the exercising of professional activities based on legal authorizations;
- Issuance of ID cards and ID numbers for the members of the Chamber.
- At the request of members of the Chamber, issues certificates, certifications and other documents based on the official evidence of the Chamber.